The Claretians arrived in the Philippines on December 26, 1946 and took over Sta. Barbara Parish in Sta. Barbara, Pangasinan from January 9, 1947. The first missionaries were Fr. Raymond Catalan, CMF, Fr. Arcadio Hortelano Martin, CMF and Fr. Thomas Mitchell, CMF. They were invited by the late Bishop Mariano Aspiras Madriaga, DD of the then Diocese of Lingayen-Dagupan to run a boy's vocational school in Dagupan, Pangasinan.
On January 10,1951, Claretian Fathers Miguel Vela and Jesus Sarasqueta Gonzales went to Zamboanga City. Four days after Fathers Anthony Briskey and Francisco Marchio followed. Father Fidel Zapatero became their superior and took their first parish, the Parish of Las Mercedes in Zamboanga City on January 14, 1951. Then Fr. Briskey took over the Parish of St. Peter the Apostole in Lamitan, Basilan and Fathers Vela and Sarasqueta Gonzales took Sta. Isabela Parish on January 27, 1951.
From then on, the Claretians run the cities of Zamboanga and Isabela, including the two cathedrals of both cities. The Claretians opened a school and established a parish in Quezon City in the 1960s. Then in the early 90s they established a new parish in Surabay, in the now Zamboanga Sibugay province and later established a new Parish in Tungawan, Zamboanga Sibugay. They opened a mission in Ormoc City in 2003 and moved the Novitiate House there too. Now in 2013, a new mission in Datal Angas in Alabel had been opened.
MS 1 (Cf. CC 2; Dir 26.)